Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break Part 2: Sevilla

After a great time in Barcelona It was on to Sevilla. Again I managed to sneak my oversided backpack through the Barcelona airport without having to pay the oversized bag fee for Ryan air. As soon as i got off the plan I was excited to be there

I was staying in a hostel with Paul, Jackson, Julian and Jason and after we landed Jackson lead the way to the great Sevilla Inn.


The weather in Sevilla was amazing, it was the first city I visited that really felt like a vacation. That first day we wandered around the city and enjoyed the Hostel's Roof top. We had Tapas for dinner, and after eating met up with Laura, a friend from Wisconsin studying in Sevilla.

The next day was more exploring and hanging out down by the River. We had a beer there and met an American couple from NYC, of which the man was a big timer at Akamai. He bought us a few rounds as long as we would act as the waiter. It was very apparent that Sevilla has the best looking women of any city I have ever been in. After the beers we headed to dinner and had more tapas before a night out with some other friends from my program in Florence who also happened to be in Sevilla.

The next day we checked out the Plaza de Espana, built for the 1929 Ibero American Exposition We took a row boat around the moat and enjoyed more beautiful weather


The rest of the time in Sevilla was great, I enjoyed some water in front of the cathedral


The city was full of orange trees, which were a ton of fun to throw around


I ran into some more friends in Sevilla, including Jesse, the room mate of my high school friend steve at tufts. Wednesday we ran into Bill Wheaton, the big timer at Akamai and he invited us back to his hotel for mojitos and the sun set, a perfect way to end the trip before the night train to Madrid....

No comments:

Post a Comment